Progress=2, 1, then none.

I am making progress since coming home from rehab following my knee replacement. Initially, I used a walker most of the time at home. I then progressed to 2 crutches. I am now down to 1 crutch and have put the walker away. Sometimes around the house I can manage without crutches altogether.

If you know me at all, you know my tendency toward clumsiness. With knee replacement, it is imperative to be careful not to fall. A fall can ruin the prosthesis and mean more surgery. Especially when we have had a storm like yesterday, this concerns me. Though likely out of context, the words of a number of Psalms have come to have renewed meaning for me. Here are a few verses:

Psalm 17.5:

"My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped."

Psalm 18.36:

"You gave me a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip."

Psalm 37.23:

"Our steps are made firm by the Lord, when he delights in our way."

Psalm 37.31:

"The law of their God is in their hearts; their steps do not slip."

There are countless others, but with care and the Lord's protection, I anticipate a full, accident free recovery.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bidden or Not Bidden...

Dancing with the Trinity

Vulnerability Friday Five