Friday Five: Beach Trip

Those RevGals are such party animals.

So in honor of summer, please share your own beachy memories, plans, and dreams with a "Beach Trip" Friday Five.





1. Ocean rocks, lake limps? Vice versa? Or "it's all beautiful in its own way"? I enjoy being out in nature of all kinds, but prefer lakes to ocean. And even better, prefer a swimming pool.

2. Year round beach living: Heaven...or the Other Place? I'm not a real beach fan, but as long as there is shade, maybe it should be considered purgatory.


3. Any beach plans for this summer? None that I'm aware of. There is plenty of recuperation and packing for the move to Gettysburg with little, if any, vacation time.


4. Best beach memory ever? Our granddaughter's first steps into the Atlantic when she was an infant. She cried, but it was their first trip to see us in R. I., so it was special.


5. Fantasy beach trip? Hawaii sounds good.


Bonus: Share a piece of music/poetry/fi
lm/book that expresses something about what the beach means to you. This is a picture of sunrise on the Galilee in Israel. In the 80s we spent numerous vacations there while living in Bethlehem, which is still near and dear to our hearts. Secondly, Jesus spent lots of time on the beach with his buddies.


Picture from flickr.

Comments

Auntie Knickers said…
Beautiful bonus photo. My favorite story of Jesus is where he appears and eats fish and bread on the beach with the disciples.
Ivy said…
That's one of my favorites as well. Peace.
imngrace said…
You asked where I went to seminary... I went to Southern in Columbia, SC even though I am from PA. It was the best decision I made! I do hope your journey to seminary and beyond is filled with good things. If you ever want to chat about it, you can contact me through my blog.
Anonymous said…
We used to go to the beach in Santa Monica when I was a kid.

It was great fun. I don't think my Mom really liked it too much (the work involved in getting us there and back), but she was greatful at how tired us four kids were when we got home (she had a little peace and quiet for awhile)

Thanks for reminding me of carefree days at the beach, Ivy!

- Steve M.

PS - There is finally a link to Claimed, Gathered, and Sent on 'the old Adam' site...sorry for the delay, Ivy.
Ivy said…
Imngrace, a seminarian from a nearby Lutheran church is at Southern and loves it. It seems, as one friend in the discernment process noted, that each seminary is indeed the best for the person led there. I had always thought I'd go to Philadelphia, but after visiting it and Gettysburg, I was led to Gettysburg. Blessings and thanks for visiting.
Ivy said…
You're welcome Steve. Thanks for weighing in. Blessings.

Popular posts from this blog

Bidden or Not Bidden...

Dancing with the Trinity

Vulnerability Friday Five