Privileged and humbled


One of the most wonderful and humbling experiences of being a pastor is that people let you into their lives. I love hearing their stories and they in turn hear mine. I have been a pastor a little over a month and I am continually amazed at this great privilege God and God's people afford me.

So...what have I been doing since my first week? I have been visiting in people's homes, in the hospital, in the nursing home, at the Portville Heritage Days. I've been to a funeral and a memorial service (on the same day) without any official role other than support and non-anxious presence.

We have had church council meetings and committee meetings and have been planning worship for the fall, which will include a Blessing of School Backpacks on the first Sunday of September. Sunday school and confirmation will be starting up again and we'll be full swing into our program year.

I have with some trepidation take on a preaching series on the gospel texts in John, the Bread of Life discourse. Here is the message from John 6:1-21. This is the one from John 6:24-35, and number three in the series from John 6:35, 41-51 is here.

I do love the Gospel of John, but I think tomorrow will be the last in my bread series. I love preaching to this congregation. They engage with the message. What an amazing place and people to serve.





Google Images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bidden or Not Bidden...

Dancing with the Trinity

Vulnerability Friday Five