In the day of trouble

Psalm 27 is a powerful testimony to the faithfulness and protection of God. Today I was meditating on verse 5, "For in the day of trouble God will give me shelter, hide me in the hidden places of the sanctuary, and raise me high upon a rock." That's good news. Now comes the hard part.
Last Friday a co-worker was let go. I was told tonight by her that the boss said I was next on the list. Why, I don't know and it really bothered me because of my work ethic. But God says, that in the day of trouble he will give me shelter, hide me, raise me up. Even though I fully intend to give my resignation in the near future to go to school full time, the duplicity bothered me nonetheless. This is where the rubber meets the road, so to speak.
Now to go to work in the coming weeks and love with the love of Christ in spite of lies. I have never been fired before and I have worked since was 14 years old. I guess it's a pride thing that needs working out. Lent is a good time to have some spiritual wilderness training. Please pray with me that I can be light in the darkness and internalize the truths I've been meditating on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bidden or Not Bidden...

Dancing with the Trinity

Vulnerability Friday Five