Friday 5--What's in a name?

Thanks to RevHRod at RevGals for this week's Friday Five.
  1. So how did you come up with your blogging name? And/or the name of your blog? I use my own name. The name of my blog comes from a line in the ELCA mission statement, "Marked with the cross of Christ forever, we are claimed, gathered, and sent for the sake of the world.”
  2. Are there any code names or secret identities in your blog? Any stories there? I'm afraid not.
  3. What are some blog titles that you just love? For their cleverness, drama, or sheer, crazy fun? Tribal Church, Reflectionary, Lutheran Chick's "L" Word Diary, Cheesehead in Paradise, Proclaiming Softly...there are so many.
  4. What three blogs are you devoted to? Other than the RevGalBlogPals blog of course! Tribal Church, Law and Gospel, The Heart of a Pastor.
  5. Who introduced you to the world of blogging and why? I came across it out of sheer necessity. For an assignment in an undergraduate course, I wanted to have a webpage so I could keep the info up to date and have room for comments. I didn't want to spend the money on a webpage however. Then I came across Blogger through a Google search and rest is history.
Bonus question: Have you ever met any of your blogging friends? Where are some of the places you've met these fun folks? I haven't met any, but will be meeting two of them this fall in seminary.

Comments

Jules said…
Thank you so much for the shout out, and for the comment over at my place!
RevHRod said…
So cool that you'll be hanging with blog mates at sem. I suspect that we are everywhere....
Ivy said…
I would suspect so, revhrod. I was very excited when I found out that Law and Gospel and Coach of Prepare Ye the Way were at Gettysburg. Peace and thanks for the great Friday 5.
Unknown said…
Ivy, thanks for the compliment!
Ivy said…
My pleasure cheesehead. I appreciate the honest sharing on your blog. Peace and joy.
Ivy said…
You're welcome, Songbird. By the way, I too a sorry about the robbery you experienced. May God hold you close.
Thank you, Ivy.

My prayers are with you as you begin seminary! What a time!

Popular posts from this blog

Bidden or Not Bidden...

Dancing with the Trinity

Vulnerability Friday Five