The Proof of Christianity

I read the following tonight during my devotions using Minister's Prayer Book by John W. Doberstein. Each day of the week is devoted to a different aspect of ministry. Tuesday concerns the minister's life. One of the reflections included for today was written by Kierkegaard (pictured at right). I found it very thought provoking and sobering.

Order the parsons to be silent on Sundays. What is there left? The essential things remain: their lives, the daily life with which the parsons preach.Would you, then, get the impression by watching them, that it was Christianity they were preaching?

By God's grace, may our lives speak of the life of Christ and him crucified, buried, and raised.

Picture from Encarta

Comments

Jennifer said…
Smart guy, that Soren. Applies to all of the rest of us, too, I think, whether clergy or lay.
Pastor Dan said…
It looks like you have a great site here. I will be checking back often. Once again, Great website, and great writing.
God Bless, Pastor Dan
Ivy said…
I agree Jennifer. Thanks Pr. Dan. I saw the link to your site on revgalsblogpals. I am interested in rural ministry and am taking a concentration in Town and Country Ministry. In fact, I hope to do my internship next year in a rural parish. I've done my teaching parish, my first year, in one and am now working with a pastor of a rural church a few hours a week and I love it.

Popular posts from this blog

Bidden or Not Bidden...

Dancing with the Trinity

Vulnerability Friday Five