Walked So Much My Hands Hurt

On Thursday my hot pink cast was removed! I was so excited about that. The best thing is that I could take a shower without fear of getting the cast wet or falling and putting weight on the cast, which was a huge no-no.

I am now wearing a special boot when I walk and am using a traditional type walker. Gone are the days of my scooter-like walker with wheels. So, I've been out and about.

Friday I did quite a bit of walking. Now, what you need to understand is that I can only put very little weight on my foot at this time. This means that my arms and hands are bearing the weight as I step onto my right foot. Consequently, when I woke up Sat. morning, I hurt from so much walking. Now it wasn't my foot that hurt, but the heels of my hands! I walked so much my hands hurt.

I took it pretty easy yesterday and was raring to go to church today and did just fine. I am healing well and looking forward to the time when I'll be able to drive. That won't be for at least another 4 weeks, till after I see the doctor again.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband Ray and all that he's been doing and for our friends that have pitched in so willingly and graciously during this time. God is good all of the time.

Google Images

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bidden or Not Bidden...

Dancing with the Trinity

Vulnerability Friday Five