Headquarters for me is the northeast of the United States. Here school is getting back in session, the tease of autumn is in the air (or the hope for the tease of autumn is in the air) and church life is gearing up to full throttle.
The Season You're In - Friday Five
One thing I've learned with blogging and social media is that the where I live is not necessarily where you live. And so I want to know what September means to you, in your place of the world and time in your life.
This week's Friday Five is:
What are 5 things that the beginning of September mean to you?
Bonus: What's one thing you could do without?
So...here are my responses:
1. School--this is my last year of seminary!!!! My grown daughter is returning to school and my granddaughter is starting 2nd grade as well.
2. Cooler temperatures--In the mornings it's now starting to feel like fall.
3. New beginnings--New program year at church after people have been away during the summer.
4. New friends--There are many new people on campus that with whom we've become acquainted. That is always exciting.
5. Thinking about next year at this time. I don't feel anxious, but just curious about where we will land regarding a call.
Bonus--Right now one thing I could do without is my inability to drive. I had Achilles tendon repair and ankle surgery right after internship. My recovery has been going very well. After seeing the doctor yesterday however, it's still going to be a few weeks till I'm allowed to drive. But this does give me an opportunity to be a recipient of the grace of living in community.