The Season You're In - Friday Five
One thing I've learned with blogging and social media is that the where I live is not necessarily where you live. And so I want to know what September means to you, in your place of the world and time in your life.
This week's Friday Five is:
What are 5 things that the beginning of September mean to you?
Bonus: What's one thing you could do without?
So...here are my responses:
1. School--this is my last year of seminary!!!! My grown daughter is returning to school and my granddaughter is starting 2nd grade as well.
2. Cooler temperatures--In the mornings it's now starting to feel like fall.
3. New beginnings--New program year at church after people have been away during the summer.
4. New friends--There are many new people on campus that with whom we've become acquainted. That is always exciting.
5. Thinking about next year at this time. I don't feel anxious, but just curious about where we will land regarding a call.
Bonus--Right now one thing I could do without is my inability to drive. I had Achilles tendon repair and ankle surgery right after internship. My recovery has been going very well. After seeing the doctor yesterday however, it's still going to be a few weeks till I'm allowed to drive. But this does give me an opportunity to be a recipient of the grace of living in community.