Skip to main content

Where Have I Been?

It's been a long haul over the past few months. Basically, I lost about 7 weeks of time between having back surgery, being in the hospital for three weeks and rehab for 4 weeks  and then finally... coming home. Having what should have been a fairly straightforward surgery to take pressure off the nerves that go to my legs, led to a complication which put me in the ICU. I contracted  Ecoli. Basically, this all put me behind the proverbial 8 ball.

At any rate, I am on the mend. I am finally able to drive a bit and am going to outpatient physical therapy three times a week. Before today, I couldn't even think about my blog. The funny thing is that earlier today I was thinking that I should post something and then I came across this wonderful prayer that I would like to share with you, which says it all:

A Prayer for Pentecost (2006) 
 
Holy Spirit, Lord and Giver of Life:
At the beginning of time you moved over the face of the waters;
you breathe into every living being, the breath of life.
Come, Creator Spirit, and renew the whole creation.
Holy Spirit, voice of the prophets:
You enflame men and women with a passion for your truth,
and through them call your people to the ways of justice and compassion.
Come, Spirit of Righteousness, and burn in our hearts.
Holy Spirit, Spirit of Jesus:
By your power Jesus came to bring good news to the poor
and release to those held captive.
Come, Liberating Spirit, and free us from the powers of sin and death.
Holy Spirit, Advocate, Teacher:
You speak to us of our Lord,
and show us the depth of his love.
Come, Spirit of Truth, abide in us and lead us in the way of Jesus Christ.
Holy Spirit, wind and flame:
You filled disciples with joy and courage,
empowering them to preach your word and to share your good news.
Come, Spirit of Power, make us bold witnesses of your redeeming love.
Holy Spirit, Spirit of Peace:
You break down barriers of language, race, and culture,
and heal the divisions that separate us.
Come, Reconciling Spirit, and unite us all in the love of Christ.
Holy Spirit, Lord and Giver of Life:
At the close of the age
all creation will be renewed to sing your praises.
Come, Creator Spirit, and make us new creations in Jesus Christ.
From the Reformed Church in America: http://www.rca.org/worship/material/lent/litanies.html.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bidden or Not Bidden...

Dancing with the Trinity

Vulnerability Friday Five