My home for the next few weeks and why you won't hear much from me


This beautiful, mansion-like building is where I will be in a few days. Tomorrow morning I am having a knee replacement for my right knee and will be in the hospital for two to three days. I won't be feeling too badly there because I'll be numb from the waist down. But boy, when the epidural comes out the pain is something else!

After that, I will be in rehab at Riverview Healthcare Community. I took a tour of the rehab unit Fri. and it was very nice. I expect to be there two weeks, three at the most.

I will not have wi-fi in my room, but there is a common area where I can plug in the laptop, so for a while I will not be posting as much. Peace.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ouch! But I know that after the surgery and rehab you will be glad you had this done. We'll be praying for you.
Anonymous said…
Ivy,

I'm praying that the doctors will do a fantastic job on your knee and that you will be better than new!

This too shall pass!

The Lord will be right by your side the whole way. (Isn't He always?!)

Your Friend,

Steve
Law+Gospel said…
Greetings Ivy! Now that I have survived the onslaught of spring term, thought I would say: a)hope your recovery is going well; b)congrats on graduating and enjoy this time of rest and recuperation; c) I will be doing CPE at Lancaster General Hospital ( near where I live)starting 6/2; d) if you have any questions about Summer Greek or anything else, you can email me at chetrick@ltsg.edu. You are in my prayers
Law+Gospel said…
Hope all is well. Tagged you for a meme over at my place when you get connected.
Ivy said…
Hi all. Thanks so much for your prayers and concern. I am doing extremely well, so much so that I am being kicked out of the rehab facility this Sat!! I would ask your prayers for my room mate, however. They are having difficulty adjusting her blood clotting rate. At this point, she's in danger of having a blood clot. She and her family are scared.

Peace.

Popular posts from this blog

Bidden or Not Bidden...

Dancing with the Trinity

Vulnerability Friday Five